Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Unusual Combinations in Juicing

Someone asked me how we decide what we are going to juice. It made me stop and think. We do have The Juicing Bible, which is a great resource, but mainly it's just what we feel like that morning. Sometimes I feel like something sweet and sometimes I want to kick it up a notch . . . or two.
I'm always interested to see what Ron concocted before heading off to work. This morning it was almost identical to mine. We have a wide variety of produce in the fridge, so it's not like we didn't have much to choose from. I try to go to the grocery store every three days to keep the produce fresh and make sure we have a variety.
Ron's post-it note this morning said "Very good. May have been prettier with green grapes."
My juice was delicious. It was a little sweeter than normal, but I put in three pineapple rings!

Ron's Produce: Apple, pear, celery, radish, pineapple, grapes
Shirlee's Produce: Apple, carrot, celery, tomato, jalapeno, zucchini, grapes, pineapple, cucumber

Shirlee's Juice  


No comments:

Post a Comment