Search This Blog

Friday, January 6, 2012

Juicing for Newbies!

Okay, our Breville Juicer finally arrived this evening. The notice said "by the end of the day" and they were sure right about that! We were finishing our homemade pizza when the doorbell arrived with our new addition.
It didn't take long to take it apart and clean it. I was pleasantly surprised.
Our first drink was a combination of carrots, apples and celery. This was recommended to us by my son, Dug, who has been an avid juicer for several years.
We were surprised how you could pick out the flavors of each ingredient. It is SO MUCH different that the fruit juices you buy in the stores. We took our time and savored each sip. Well, Ron did, anyway. I took my supplements with mine and drank it rather quickly.
After finishing these drinks I wanted to take it apart and clean it myself since I will be the one doing that in the mornings. It was a piece of cake! So easy to clean and the stainless steel parts were well made. The engineering on this juicer is amazing. We even love the plug. It has a finger hole for easy removal.
We can't wait to try lots of recipes. I made a trip to Whole Foods yesterday and bought all organic fruits and vegetables. I plan to shop every two or three days so our produce is always fresh.

We hope you enjoy the recipes and ideas that we plan on sharing in our new juicing adventure. I know we will!
 The Breville Juice Fountain Elite.


 Our first attempt at juicing included apples, celery and carrots.



 We love the color of this delicious drink. Reminds us of orange sherbert



 It has a nice frothy top and tasted fantastic!



 Our second drink. Melons, pineapple, red grapes, kiwi and blackberries




The finished product! Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment