Search This Blog

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Pomegranate Please?

It's Saturday morning and I have to go work at an Estate Sale. Usually it's hard to take time to eat while working the sales, so we want to make sure there are plenty of vitamins packed into our juice this morning.
I had made a trip to Whole Foods a couple of days ago and picked up a pomegranate so I was eager to see what it would taste like juiced.

 Well, all I can say is, make sure you follow the instructions for all of the fruit and veggies you put in your juicer. We cut the pomegranate in half and put it in the juicer, skin and all. Later, we read where you are supposed to peel it. Oh well. It still tasted good and we are both still living, so I guess it was okay.

The combination of apples, celery, carrots, pomegranates and kiwi was pretty good. There was a definite tart taste to it, but that may have been from the peel.


The color was appealing and we will make this drink again for sure . . . minus the peels this time.

2 comments:

  1. I am really juiced up about your new blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Scott. I'm sure you have lots of wonderful fruits and vegetables available in Costa Rica!

    ReplyDelete