Search This Blog

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Making Roughies


 We've been juicing for about five months and have been feeling guilty about throwing away all the roughage that accumulates from all the fresh fruit and vegetables. We know we are missing all the fiber from the peels. So, yesterday I decided to experiment with using all of the roughage and adding some cranberries and a strawberry. I used our blender, but I could have used our food processor. There are so many parts to clean on the food processor and I wasn't sure I wanted to deal with that.

The texture was a bit thick, so I added some Pomegranate juice as well as a splash of orange juice.
The end result was a bit thicker than I had hoped and I ended up eating it with a spoon and freezing half of it for a later date, but the flavor was very good. I don't think I will do this every time I juice, which is everyday, but I will do it at least once a week.

1 comment:

  1. I think I keep adding too much Ice and/or frozen fruit. This almost creates a sorbet. I need to try to use the roughage. Thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete