Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

You're Going to be a WHAT?

Welcome to our first blog. If you find yourself in the same boat we are in . . . one vegetarian and one meat lover . . . you will LOVE this blog. I'm Shirlee and I will be writing the blog because Ron is busy earning a living during the day and I'm a full time writer.

I'm a recent convert. I ate meat with the best of them until I watched the documentary FOOD INC. I made the decision to stop eating meat in the first fifteen minutes.

Since then, we have been experimenting how to prepare meals that will be healthy and satisfying for both of us. It's been a challenge but also a lot of fun. We are in the process of writing a cookbook Till Meat Do Us Part and plan on using this blog as an avenue to share our recipes and ideas.

Do you know someone that is in a similar situation? Do you find yourself searching for ideas when a vegetarian is coming for dinner?

We'd love to hear from you!

6 comments:

  1. YEAH! Can't wait to get some great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're trying out a new recipe tonight, Spicy Broccoli Stir-fry. I will post the recipe tomorrow. OOPS! I need to take Ron's beef out of the freezer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you convince a Vegan to cook meat for you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good question. I really don't mind cooking the meat at all. It's the eating part that I avoid. I still won't touch a bone, but I never did, even when I was eating meat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did the spicy broccoli stir-fry come out?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not as good as we had hoped. It's almost there, but we have to tweak it a bit. I posted a photo of it today.

    ReplyDelete