Search This Blog

Friday, September 17, 2010

French Bread Pizza Night

One of our traditions is having a French bread pizza night. We cook six nights a week and by the time Thursday night comes along we like to make something fast and easy.

We buy the Stouffer's brand Grilled Vegetable French Bread Pizza and personalize it with fresh ingredients. There's never enough meat on the ones that come with meat for Ron and I like more vegetables on mine.

Ron likes his pizza saucier and adds a generous layer of pizza sauce before adding Italian sausage that he has browned and frozen, followed by onions, sliced pepperoni, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and hot pepper flakes.  He also keeps a package of pepperoni frozen as well.

I usually chop a slice of sweet onion, several green or black olives and then add sliced mushrooms from a jar. Tonight I added several chunks of asparagus that I nabbed off of my asparagus dish I made last night.



We both add mozzarella cheese. We bake this for about 30 minutes at 375.

Ron's pizza always browns more than mine. The heat from the pepperoni is what gives it the nice toasty color. Mine is in the oven the exact same time, same conditions and rarely browns. This time I browned vegetarian Italian sausage links in walnut infused olive oil and broke it into very small chunks. I added it to mine.It worked. My cheese browned a bit and it gave the pizza more zest.

Ron's meat lovers pizza is on the bottom and my vegetarian pizza is on top.

This weekend we are expecting company. I plan on baking a meat lover's lasagna and a vegetable lover's lasagna.

No comments:

Post a Comment